Thursday, October 27, 2011

A testimony is everything!

Today my companion (the lovely Sister Cosper) and I were talking about how we can better explain to people how being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will help them in their lives so we got to talking about how it has blessed us personally. Such an important thing to think about.  The reason we are out here as missionaries is because we have personally been blessed by our Heavenly Father and know that if others will come unto Christ through faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end they will also be blessed.  We know that this church is truly lead by Jesus Christ himself through his prophets and apostles and we have been blessed for our faith!

So I think now (in between Canadian Thanks Giving and American Thanks Giving) its an appropriate time to think about the blessing that I have been given because of my faith.

The first thing that comes to mind is that I know my purpose here on earth.  I know that this life as Alma states in The Book of Mormon is the time to prepare to meet God.  Knowing that the things that I do here on earth matter and that I will be judged by my works or the things I do helps me to understand my purpose. 
I also think about how my faith has helped me to develop my relationship with my Heavenly Father and to know His son Jesus Christ. As I pray I know that God hears me and loves me.  I know that He loves me because He sends me comfort when I need it and also allows me to feel sorrow and pain when I need to learn and grow. I have learnt so much from reading the scriptures and applying what I read to my life.  I am more in control of my emotions.  The closer I am to my Heavenly Father the easier it is for me to forgive others and to let go of the hurt and pain I feel in my life.  The more I pray the easier it is for me to love others around me and not to judge others. 

I know that I have found the true church here on this earth.  I know that is a bold statement but I can say that I know without a shadow of a doubt that Jesus Christ leads this church and that ALL of the Prophets that have been at the head of this church have gone to him to know how to lead us.  This church is lead by a Prophet called of God who is an instrument in the hands of God to lead and guide this church.  I know that this is true because I have prayed and God has answered my prayers.  I know that he will answers yours too, all you have to do is ask.

I would love to heard others testimonies of how they know truth!  Share it with the world my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment