Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Atonement Covers Sins as well as AFFLICTIONS

A mission is an amazing thing! As missionaries we have 2 hours set aside to study from the scriptures daily and that has helped my testimony of the Savior grow more than I ever expected.  As missionaries we get to testify of the Savior and his atoning sacrifice and every time that I have the chance to testify my testimony grows.  The other day I was reading in The Book of Mormon and I came across this scripture. 

"But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your AFFLICTIONS, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction." Jacob 1:3

I LOVE this scripture.  We often think about how Jesus Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane for our sins but I think that we forget that he also suffered our AFFLICTIONS as well.  Afflictions are trials, pains and suffering that we feel and expereince in our lives. Jesus Christ suffered for ALL of the sorrows and the pains that we feel.  He knows our loneliness our desperation our sorrow our pain and we can find comfort in turning to him and knowing that he has felt how we are feeling. He is the only one who truly understands how we feel and he is the only one who can bring true and lasting comfort to our lives.  


I myself have had moments where I've felt sorrow and loneliness and desperation and as I have prayed for comfort I have felt the love of our Father in Heaven and of his Son Jesus Christ.  I know that God loves me and knows me personally and have felt him comfort me when I need it.  I have felt the love of my Saviour and know that he knows the pains and the afflictions that I go through.  He has comforted me and He will comfort you if you turn to him for support.  So keep on keepin' on my friends and have faith.  Turn to your Heavenly Father in prayer and seek that comfort.  Use that gift of the Atonement that our elder brother Jesus Christ so freely offers us.  Pray, have faith and lose yourself in the service of others!  I'll end on that thought and with one more amazing scripture!

 "11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and AFFLICTIONS and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will ctake upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him adeath, that he may bloose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to csuccor his people according to their infirmities.
 13 Now the Spirit aknoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the bflesh that he might ctake upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me." - Alma 7:11-13

4 comments:

  1. Sister Nalder. I just miss you so so so much. You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my friend!! :) I miss you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the spirit when I read your posts. I especially felt it as I read this one. It reminds me of the blessing it is to have a relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus. I love this gospel. I will always live it, believe it, love it and bare testimony of it. Thank you for your inspiration Sister Nalder. I love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Angela! I appreciate the comment. The gospel is an amazing thing that brings so much peace, understanding, direction and purpose to our lives. We need to share it with everyone! Everyone needs the gospel! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete