Thursday, October 20, 2011

I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go

As a missionary we get to spend all day everyday in the service of our God.  Such an amazing calling that we have.  I get to spend 18 months of my life as a witness of Jesus Christ in everything that I do, how great is that?  As I was thinking about missionary work today I was thinking about how amazing music is and how hymns help me to feel the spirit and feel the love of God.

During General Conference the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang the song "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" and as I heard that song it really brought home my calling as a missionary.  Have a listen to it...



This song has always been one of my favourites but as I listened to it this time I truly felt the love of my Heavenly Father and knew that he loved me.  All the verses are amazing but the third verse really spoke to me this time around.

There's surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth's harvest fields so wide
Where I may labour through life's short day
For Jesus the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I'll be what you want me to be.

I love this part so much, I'm here in Tennessee preaching the good word of God and I have the opportunity to labour for Jesus the crucified!  How amazing is that?  I know that God is real and that he sent His son, Jesus Christ to this earth to suffer for EVERYONE'S sins and to be crucified and resurrected for ALL of us. We just need to live our lives in a way that honours that sacrifice.  I love sharing that with people but the scriptures say it better than I ever could in The Book of Mormon is states

 "Behold, I am Jesus Christ whom the prophets testified shall come into the world. And behold, I am the light and life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning." (3 Nephi 11:10-11)

I love the scriptures, so beautifully written!  I am so grateful for our Saviour Jesus Christ and for all he has done for me.  I'm so grateful for this opportunity to testify to the people of Tennessee the things that I know to be true.   I know that I was sent here for a reason and as the song says...

I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord
Over mountain or plan more sea;
I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I'll be what you want me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment