Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Conference was Amazing!!

Did everyone get a chance to watch Conference? I hope so, it was so inspiring.  As I watched the sessions this weekend I truly felt that my Heavenly Father loves me and I knew that the things that the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and his apostles taught were true.  If you didn't get a chance to watch it I would stronly recomend checking it out on line.   Go to http://www.lds.org/ and click on Last General Conference and you will be able to select different talks to listen to.  http://lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2011/10?lang=eng

Here are 2 highlights...

Elder Eyring talked about The Book of Mormon, he said that The Book of Mormon will lift, guide and inspire you.  The people in these books will inspire you to be better and it will become part of your character. As he spoke of The Book of Mormon I felt the spirit testify to me that the things he was saying were true.  This book is amazing and can change your life if you will read it, ponder on it and allow the teaching to take root in your life.  If you haven't read this book then read it, and if you have then share it with someone today!

My favourite talk from the weekend was from our beloved Prophet, Thomas S. Monson (the last one in the sunday morning session). He was funny and spiritual!  He quoted the scriptures saying "draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you."(D&C 88:63)  I love this promise, if we draw near unto our Heavenly Father he will draw near unto us, I love reading promises like that in the scriptures!  President Monson goes onto say "Develop a relationship with your Heavenly Father through prayer and he will bless you." He shared a personal story about prayer, it was funny yet spiritual, a perfect combination!  look it up and watch the video, his facial expression are the best! http://lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2011/10?lang=eng 

No comments:

Post a Comment