Saturday, October 29, 2011

For the Beauty of the Earth

Today as I was pondering the gospel it brought me to think about times in my life where I've felt the most happiness and felt the most peace.  As I thought back in my life so many of those times were when I was outside appreciating this beautiful earth that Jesus Christ created through the direction of our Heavenly Father.


I remember on day while I was on a vacation in Las Vegas with my friends and one of the moments I remember the most was when we stopped in the Valley of Fire on our drive back home.  As I look out over that beautiful sandy canyon I felt to incredibly happy.  It was early in January and I could take my shoes off and run through the sand!  I could look out over this beautiful canyon and see these amazing red rock formations.



I remember one day stepping out of my from door and looking at the clouds in the sky and how the sun coming through them reflected off the street after the rain.  It was such a beautiful moment in the middle of a busy day where I had the opportunity to stop and see the beauty of this world.






I remember just before I left to come out here on my mission my friends and I went to Waterton National Park in Southern Alberta.  As we hiked the mountains and spent time in nature I remember stopping and pondering on this beautiful earth and the majesty of it all.  We climbed to the top of Bears Hump Mountain and as I sat there at the top looking down over the little town and the lake and surrounding mountains I remember feeling so peaceful.  I took some time to pray and thank God for this world we have and for the many blessings he has given me.  As I prayed I felt God's love and knew without a shadow of a doubt that he personally knows me and loves me.  He loves us all so much that he sent his son Jesus Christ to this earth to suffer for the sins of all the world and to die on the cross so that we to can return to our father in heaven.  So amazing!

I'm reminded of a scripture in Alma 30:44


“Yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it … do witness that there is a Supreme Creator”



That scripture sums up my thoughts on this subject.  Those words speak peace to my heart as I drive through the country roads here in Tennessee and Kentucky.  As I look at the beauty of the earth I know that "all things denote there is a God." As I look at the leaves falling and the sun setting I find peace and comfort in knowing that our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ love us!


2 comments: